Supplies for failed socks:
-sweater with 2 sweater sleeves
-sewing machine (or could do by hand) & thread
I used the same red sparkly sweater from last week's pillow case. As you can see, I pretty much just had sleeves left from it anyway. Darwin wanted to help too.
I cut the sleeves off of the sweater. Then I pinned the toe and turned over the top to hem it.
I should have angled the toes some more, but it wouldn't have saved these socks. They were a total sock fail.
So, I took the material for the other sock, and I came up with other uses for it.
First, I made a water bottle cozy. (I don't drink coffee, but it would also fit a Starbucks or other coffee cup.)
Next, I made a headband. It could be used for cold days or for while I'm waiting for my hair to dry.
Finally, I made a loose collar for Darwin. He actually didn't hate it. I thought he looked quite dapper in it.
I also worked on a sweater blanket this week, but it's for another post. It will probably take me several weeks or more to complete it.
I think I will blog about this lamp next week. I bought it with the intention of decorating the shade.