Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Taffyghan Part 2
So...it finally happened. I didn't do my weekly blog post. It was difficult. I missed blogging and participating in the weekly linky parties, but I had nothing to share. I got busy at work and I took on a loooong craft project.
I finally "finished" my first afghan. I love how it turned out, but it was not a quick project. By finish, I really mean that I reached a point where I could crochet no more and decided that the project was complete.
It's not so small as to be a baby afghan, but it's also not a large one. I'd say it's more of the medium variety. It should also be noted that "finished" does not include fully threading in the loose ends of yarn. (I threaded in each strand a little bit as I did a color change to prevent the afghan from unraveling.)
I'm very excited to have completed by first afghan, and I looove how it turned out. Here are some more views of it. As you can see, I decided to continue with it as a square, rather than eventually changing to stripes in order to make a rectangle.