Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fall Great Pumpkin Amigurumi Roundup



It's fall now, and pumpkins can be out on display pretty much all season, so I decided to try my hand at some of the free crochet amigurumi pumpkin patterns.  I'm showing off my pumpkins this week and providing links to these patterns as well as many other free pumpkin patterns.





I tried out 3 free crochet pumpkin patterns:

1. Amy Lehman's Crochet Pumpkin available at her blog Crochet Jewel





This pattern was fairly easy to make, but it is more complicated than it appears.  It looks like 2 pieces, but it is actually 4 pieces--stem, top, bottom, and main body.  The main body is done in rows rather than rounds, and it is a mix of SC and  HDC.

It is a more lifelike pumpkin, rather than a being a cutesy pumpkin like the other 2 patterns that I tried out.  I like the ridges in this pumpkin, which are created using the mix of stitches and gathering.


2. Stacey Trock's Amigurumi Jack the Tiny Pumpkin available for download at Ravelry





This pattern was by far the easiest of the 3 patterns I tried out.  The pumpkin was composed of 3 total crochet pieces--2 eyes and a body.  The body and stem were continuous rounds. I think it turned out very cute.  It would also look good in a bigger size by doubling the yarn or doing more increase/decrease rounds.

3. Allison Hoffman's Squeeze N' Sniff Pumpkin Pie available at her blog Crafty Is Cool





This pumpkin pie pattern was just ridiculously cute, so I had to make it when I saw it.  I really like how my version turned out. The project was not the most difficult amigurumi piece, but it included more detail work and more complicated stitches than the other 2 patterns.

I decided not to do the sachet, but I did put the cardboard on the bottom of the pan to help it keep its shape. 



I found quite a few other cute and free pumpkin patterns, but I only have so much time and space to devote to amigurumi pumpkins.


The following is a list of some other free amigurumi crochet pumpkin patterns:





Update:
stitch by stitch


We Made That


10 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! It's a great way to decorate for Fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I just finished up crocheting a pumpkin hat... if only this weather would cool off. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute patterns thanks for the links. Visiting you from the Handmade Tuesdays Ladybug Blessings link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pumpkin pie is adorable! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started crocheting amigurumi and I find it to be a lot of fun. And I love pumpkins! Thanks for the round up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these are all so cute. I really need to learn to crochet! Thanks for sharing on We Made That Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ideas. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend? I'm trying to finish 2 baby blankets for 2 new grandsons due in about 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get these made up before Halloween?

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pumpkins are just too cute! Love the big eyes! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pumpkins are so cute! Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete