It's fall now, and pumpkins can be out on display pretty much all season, so I decided to try my hand at some of the free crochet amigurumi pumpkin patterns. I'm showing off my pumpkins this week and providing links to these patterns as well as many other free pumpkin patterns.
I tried out 3 free crochet pumpkin patterns:
1. Amy Lehman's Crochet Pumpkin available at her blog Crochet Jewel
This pattern was fairly easy to make, but it is more complicated than it appears. It looks like 2 pieces, but it is actually 4 pieces--stem, top, bottom, and main body. The main body is done in rows rather than rounds, and it is a mix of SC and HDC.
It is a more lifelike pumpkin, rather than a being a cutesy pumpkin like the other 2 patterns that I tried out. I like the ridges in this pumpkin, which are created using the mix of stitches and gathering.
2. Stacey Trock's Amigurumi Jack the Tiny Pumpkin available for download at Ravelry
This pattern was by far the easiest of the 3 patterns I tried out. The pumpkin was composed of 3 total crochet pieces--2 eyes and a body. The body and stem were continuous rounds. I think it turned out very cute. It would also look good in a bigger size by doubling the yarn or doing more increase/decrease rounds.
3. Allison Hoffman's Squeeze N' Sniff Pumpkin Pie available at her blog Crafty Is Cool
This pumpkin pie pattern was just ridiculously cute, so I had to make it when I saw it. I really like how my version turned out. The project was not the most difficult amigurumi piece, but it included more detail work and more complicated stitches than the other 2 patterns.
I decided not to do the sachet, but I did put the cardboard on the bottom of the pan to help it keep its shape.
I found quite a few other cute and free pumpkin patterns, but I only have so much time and space to devote to amigurumi pumpkins.
The following is a list of some other free amigurumi crochet pumpkin patterns:
- Jennifer Clark's Little Fall Pumpkin available at her blog Crafty Jenn
- June Gillbank's Pumpkin available at her blog Planet June
- Eden Dintsikos Amigurumi Pumpkin available for free download at Ravelry
- Lion Brand's pumpkin pattern #80840AD available at Lion Brand's website
- Monica Cifuentes' Evil Pumpkin available at her blog Witchnofret Handcraft
- Halloween Pumpkin available at Little Things Blogged
- Sara McFall's Easy Crochet Pumkin available at her blog My Merry Messy Life
- Lion Brand's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Ornament available at Lionbrand's website