I am part way through quite a few amis right now (Adventure Time characters, fish, a sushi magnet set, and a raccoon), and I just don't feel like sewing any of them together tonight, so I am sharing an older project I haven't blogged about yet.
I made this elephant for a friend/co-worker who was having a baby boy and had a jungle theme for the nursery. I really like how it turned out, and I plan to make more of this cute little elephant.
I got the free pattern from Lou's Labors. It was pretty easy to follow. If I remember correctly, the only change that I made to the pattern was to close up the nose by reducing rather than just sewing the nose shut.
Normally, I use the plastic safety eyes, but this project was for a baby, so it needed safer eyes. Most of the non-plastic safety eyes I've seen are crochet rounds, but I didn't think it would look right on this elephant. Instead, I just used some black yarn and sewed it through a small section. I really like how these eyes look, and they are baby safe.