Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tutu Fail





I've started doing 5K runs with my husband, and they are a lot of fun.  While at these runs, I see a lot of people wearing tutus.  I did a holiday themed run last weekend and have another one this weekend, so I thought I'd try to make one myself.  They look so easy to make, right?  Well, mine didn't turn out so great.  I think I would have better success next time, but here is my tutu fail and how to maybe fix it next time.

First off, I wanted to make mine holiday themed, so I got a roll each of green and red tulle.  I measured the tulle against my leg (forgetting to account for the poof effect) and cut strips.  I looped the tulle around the elastic band and pulled it through.

It was really easy to make.  I think my biggest problem is the length of the tulle strips and the colors.  Maybe a longer tutu would look better?  The colors also clash big time with my workout attire, so better color planning would be good. 

I tried to take some selfies, so that you can see what I'm dealing with.  As you can see, it's pretty tacky, but I think I might still wear it to my next run anyway, especially if it's cold.  Tacky can be fun.





I plan to do the Liebster post sometime later this week.  As you can tell, I'm already behind with this post.  However, it's trial week, so that prep takes precedence over blogging time.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly will look festive running in that! Sometimes it takes a couple attempts to get it just right. I think you will look like a fun and festive little elf. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacky is totally awesome in running events! You should still wear it! I definitely make little mistakes like that all the time, but it helps us for next time right? :-)

    ReplyDelete